Safe Ground is an educational charity using drama techniques to engage and motivate prisoners to participate in education and family life. Our courses are delivered in 24 prisons nationwide; in the next few years we want to ensure the widest possible awareness and uptake of our programmes.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals that want to be a part of Safe Ground and are able to commit to four Board meetings a year plus an away day.
Having discussed and audited our current skills set, we have decided the following expertise is what we most urgently require and would like to add to the existing capacity:
- Law and contract – willing and able to advise and input around legal issues pertaining to charities and contracting
- Marketing and PR – willing and able to support and advise the team with development of our new communications strategy
- Experience of the prison system as a person that has experienced imprisonment or other parts of the criminal justice system, ideally including participation in Safe Ground programmes or projects
- Fundraising – experience of high level fundraising through Trusts and Foundations, philanthropy and or statutory sources
- Local Authority/ Public Services – Willing and able to support and advise us as we increase our network with Local Authorities. Able to support us to forward plan and consider the impact of changes to local government and services.
More information about the role can be found in the Information pack which you can download by clicking on the link below
How to apply:
Please send an up to date CV and a short (no more than 2 sides of A4) letter to Charlotte Weinberg, Executive Director, Safe Ground, 2 Langley Lane, London, SW8 1GB or send your application to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday 30th June at 5.00pm