Fathers Inside (FI) Coordinator Vacancy – Maternity Cover
January 17th, 2013 by FMFI Network Support.
The Programmes Team is looking for a dynamic individual to manage the nationally acclaimed HM Prison Service/ Safe Ground Fathers Inside programme in a wide range of male prison delivery sites in the UK.
Circa £26,500 per annum, providing maternity cover full time, from 1st April to
30th September 2013 with the possibility of extension
Safe Ground is an educational charity that works inside and outside prison to support stronger relationships and communities. Since the charity was established in 1995, our success in changing prisoners’ attitudes and behaviours has been based on using highly structured arts-based group learning over a sustained period of time.
In 1999, HM Prison Service commissioned Safe Ground to produce two accredited programmes in parenting and family relationships education, with the specific aim of motivating prisoners to review their attitudes and behaviours and progress into Education, Training and Employment opportunities following programme completion.
The unique programmes Family Man (FM) and Fathers Inside (FI) are currently delivered in 20 prisons, managed by Safe Ground. This includes:
- supporting prisons who deliver FM and FI
evidencing the impact of the programmes through data collection and research
- working closely with Government and VCS to promote cross sector working and positive outcomes.
Safe Ground is committed to supporting not only the participants of the programmes but also the staff who teach, manage and contribute to the intervention. We support delivery teams to work in collaboration with relevant statutory and voluntary agencies to ensure a joined up approach and appropriate support for the prisoners and their families.
The successful candidate will:
- be committed to Safe Ground’s mission statement
- be knowledgeable about criminal justice and/or education policy
- have excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines and ability to prioritise conflicting tasks
- have experience of building relationships, networking and coordinating complex partnerships
- have experience of working effectively with teams to help problem solve.
Application closing date: 5pm Friday 8th February
Shortlist notified by: 15th February 2013
Interviews: 21st and 22nd February 2013
Contact: Commercial Manager, email@example.com
Download Job Pack/ Application Form:
1. FI advert application pack and JD – Final