Our Own Stories
A brand new creative personal development programme for women. It offers women the space and structure to reflect on, learn from, and plan for, moments of transition and transformation in their lives. The programme’s design and inclusive facilitation style combine to ensure women’s meaningful participation, supporting each individual’s progress towards fulfilling their potential.
- Currently the programme is being piloted as either a nine or six session programme for women to develop their potential through a process of personal reflection and group work.
- Programme length:
- The programme is being delivered intensively in female prisons and Safe Ground are exploring part time delivery options in community settings.
- Who the programme is for:
- Groups of women or young women in groups between 6-12.
- Where is the programme delivered:
- In prisons, young offender institutions and a range of community settings.
- Staff required:
- A delivery team of two.
- The programme uses drama and therapeutic techniques, games and discussion encouraging both group
and personal reflection. Each participant is provided with and encoruaged to keep a journal throughout the programme
- Currently under discussion
- Delivery Options:
- 1.Safe Ground provide experienced staff to deliver the programme in each establishment or organisation
2.Safe Ground can co-deliver the programme with staff in each establishment or organisation.
- Aims of programme:
- Encourage and support a process of personal development
Contribute to desistance process
Improve coping skills
Increase ability to understand and manage emotions
Develop understanding and knowledge of relationships
What do Tutors and Participants say?
“The women were able to gain a far greater insight into each other. This programme could be linked into PSD programmes that might be running in the prison service. ”
“I never imagined I’d stand up and perform in front of other women. Thank you for showing me I CAN. ”
“The women responded really well to the material, which was a well balanced structure of activity and reflection, and was delivered at a level and pace that was appropriate to the group. The women felt that their interests and experiences were at the heart of the delivery and have talked positively about the session since. ”
For more information contact Executive Director, Charlotte Weinberg (email@example.com)