With support from HM Prison Service and Department for Education, Safe Ground training events have introduced our teaching methods to managers, teachers, prison officers, probation staff and voluntary sector agencies.
With experience of working in categories in A, B, C and YOI prisons we can design staff training to meet the particular needs of your establishment. These events enable participants to review their traditional methods of working with prisoners and to explore the potential for collaboration with staff from other prisons.
Family Man and Fathers Inside training
In order to deliver Family Man or Fathers Inside, staff must attend one of our regular 3-day training events. We also provide refresher training and are developing a ‘train the trainer’ course pack – details will be available online soon.
During the 3 day training, delegates will:
- consider the planning required to programme and realise FM or FI successfully in their establishment
- experience and practice FM or FI course activities
- practice rapport building by using basic questioning techniques, encouraging participation and working with resistance
- discuss different methods for resolving conflict and problem solving
- consider how to manage course assessment
- consider how to establish robust progression routes for course graduates
- review different approaches to supporting the application of skills by students
- identify the support required for people delivering and managing FM or FI
As well as attending our scheduled training sessions, establishments can commission us to deliver on-site to groups of up to 20 delegates. Our experienced facilitators will tailor the event to the needs of your prison and its population and assist you in devising a realistic set up and delivery schedule.
Professional Development Training
Members of the FM/FI Network are invited from all over the country to attend training, symposiums and workshops. Our events provide the opportunity to share best practice, catch up with Network colleagues and learn new techniques for delivery. Recent workshops have included presentation training, drama workshops and speech coaching.
Safe Ground are committed to providing tailored support to all establishments involved in the delivery of Family Man and Fathers Inside, and regularly design on-site training to ensure staff have all the skills and experience they need to deliver effectively.
Training prices vary depending on the location of your organisation or establishment, and the amount of training required. Please contact Safe Ground for more details as well as checking out our delivery schedule.